Embark on a nature-packed day excursion to Goðafoss Waterfall and Lake Mývatn. Enjoy relaxation at its finest in the geothermal water of the nearby nature baths.
- Feel revitalized as you relax in the steam baths and geothermal water of Mývatn
- Be awed by the natural beauty of Iceland’s spectacular Goðafoss Waterfall
- Learn about lava formations and local folklore during a stop at Dimmuborgir
- Admire the serenity, birdlife, and volcanic landscape of Lake Mývatn
- See the colorful, sulfurous mud springs and steam vents at Hverir
Explore the natural beauty of Iceland during a day tour of Goðafoss Waterfall and Lake Mývatn. Visit a local hot spring and bathe in the soothing water of the nature baths.
Leave Akureyri and drive along the scenic coast of Eyjafjordur, one of the longest fjords in the country. The first stop will be Goðafoss, a breathtaking 39-foot-tall waterfall, located in the Skjálfandafljót River.
Next, head to Lake Mývatn, whose landscape is dominated by volcanic landforms due to a lava eruption 2,300 years ago. Continue on to the cave of Grjótagjá and stop at the hot spring area at Hverarönd in Námaskarð.
Take advantage of the opportunity to relax in the steam baths and geothermal water of Mývatn Nature Baths.
On the way back to Akureyri, see the unique lava formations of Dimmuborgir and the pseudocraters of Skútustaðagígar. The last stop will be in Eyjafjordur where you will have time to take plenty of photos with the fjord as your backdrop.