Visit the powerful waterfalls of the south coast of Iceland on a 2-day tour from Reykjavik. Spend the night at a lovely country guesthouse and get the chance to explore one of the seasonal ice caves.
- See the great waterfalls of Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss
- Walk on the black lava sand beach of Reynisfjara
- Look for puffins diving into the Atlantic Ocean
- Visit beautiful Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
- Explore a seasonal ice cave in Vatnajökull National Park
- Spend the night in a country guesthouse in Seljaland
Explore the geothermal landscapes of the south coast of Iceland on a 2-day tour to some of the most amazing waterfalls, ice caves and black lava sand beaches.
Day 1: South Coast – Waterfalls – Reynisfjara Depart Reykjavík and drive along Route 1 en route to Seljalandsfoss waterfall beneath the Eyjafjallajokull volcano. Continue to Skógafoss waterfall to watch the Skógá River fall 60 meters at the powerful cascades. Discover the secret waterfalls of Kvernufoss and Írafoss, and continue to the black sand beach at Reynisfjara under Mt. Reynisfjall. Drive on to Seljaland to spend the night at a country guesthouse close to Seljalandsfoss waterfall. Search the sky for the Northern Lights if conditions are favorable.
Day 2: Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon – Blue Ice Cave Drive through the village of Vik on the southern tip of Iceland and make your way to Skaftafell National Park where views of the wilderness will take your breath away. See the icebergs of Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon as they crack off Breiðamerkurjökull glacier and float out to sea. Drive by Super Jeep to one of the ice caves that form in the winter and get about 1 hour to explore the magical blue caves. Return to Jökulsárlón to take the bus back to Reykjavik. Make a quick stop in Vik for refreshments along the way.
- Pick-up and drop off
- Accommodation in a double or twin room with shared bathroom
- Safety equipment for the ice cave
- English-speaking guide
- Free Wi-Fi on the bus