- Spend a night hunting for the elusive and beautiful northern lights
- See how many constellations you can spot while stargazing
- Get away from the city light pollution for the best views of stars and northern lights
- Stay warm and energized with Kleina donuts and hot chocolate
- Learn how to spot the northern lights
Get away from the light pollution of the city and enjoy a night of hunting for the elusive northern lights after dark. The solar activity that produces northern lights has been very active this winter so it’s the perfect time to go. The areas around Akureyri are some of the best places to see the aurora. Your tour will take you out of the city, away from residential light pollution, for the clearest view of the night sky. You may even get to see the Milky Way if you’re lucky. Based on the predictions, the guides will choose which direction to go from Akureyri for the best possibility of seeing the awe-inspiring northern lights. It might be a long night, so Kleina, an Icelandic twisted donut, and hot chocolate are provided to keep up your energy and help you stay warm. Make sure you dress appropriately for the weather conditions and bring your camera. Your guide will give you tips and pointers for spotting the northern lights as sometimes they start very faintly. You can opt for pickup from your hotel, or you can meet the tour guide with the van at the meeting point.