Join this 3-day tour exploring the South of Iceland to discover the Golden Circle, stunning glaciers, lava fields, volcanoes, strong rivers, magic waterfalls, and the amazing Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon.
- Explore the beautiful south coast of Iceland including the famous Golden Circle Route
- Explore the Geysir Geothermal Area with active geysers and hot springs
- Visit 5 magic waterfalls, Gullfoss (The Golden Waterfall), Seljalandsfoss, Gljufrabui, Skogafoss, and Irafoss
- Go on an amphibian boat tour at glacier lagoon
- Enjoy an unforgettable glacier hike on Solheimajokull glacier
See some of the most amazing sites in southern Iceland on this 3-day guided tour. On day one, you’ll start your tour by visiting the highlights of the Golden Circle. You’ll visit Thingvellir National Park where you can stand with one foot in Europe and one in America, and see Gullfoss, one of the most impressive waterfalls in Iceland. Marvel at the Geysir Srokkur as it erupts every 5-10 minutes, and discover the Mars-like landscape of Kerið, a magical crater lake of brilliant blue-green water surrounded by bright red soil. You’ll spend the night in a cozy guesthouse near the great waterfall of Seljalandsfoss
You’ll start day two of your tour by visiting the two great waterfalls of the south coast, Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss, as well as the two lesser-known waterfalls of Glufrabui and Irafoss. Then drive under the great Eyjafjallajökull glacier volcano to the Mýrdalsjökull glacier cap where you’ll enjoy a 1.5-hour glacier hike to get a closer look at the Solheimajokull glacier. End the day at the great Reynisfjara beach, where the sea crashes on the black sands, and you can see the hexagonal basalt columns and black rock sea stacks. Overnight at the same guesthouse as the first day.
On the last day of your tour, take a closer look at majestic glaciers and lagoons. After a stop in the lovely village of Vik, you’ll drive east to visit the waterfall Foss á Sidu and Skaftafell National Park. Then, head to the amazing Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon where you will have a boat tour, sailing on the lagoon. The lagoon is full of huge chunks of ice which crack off Breiðamerkurjökull glacier and float slowly out to sea. There is a good possibility of seeing seals swimming around the huge icebergs. At the end of your tour experience, head back to Reykjavik with an estimated arrival time of 9:15 PM.
- Pickup and drop-off within Reykjavik
- English-speaking guide
- Accommodation for 2 nights in a double or a twin room with shared bathroom
- Guided blue ice hiking tour (necessary safety equipment for glacier hiking is supplied free of charge)
- Boat tour on the glacier lagoon
- Entry fee to Kerið Volcano Crater
- Free wifi on the bus