Delve into an active, subglacial volcano on a small group tour to Katla glacier and ice caves with local guides trained in glacial exploration. See the village of Vik and go off-road in a super jeep.
- Feel the chill of the ice caves, as you explore an active subglacial volcano
- See Kekla volcano, waterfalls, and black sand beaches as you drive along
- Make a stop in the village of Vik, looking out onto the Mýrdalsjökull ice cap
- Jump and bounce off road and across ice on the jeep trail to Katla glacier
- Venture into the Katla ice caves, entering into another world of crystal light
Leave Reykjavik to discover the frozen wilderness of Iceland. Take a scenic drive to the coastal village of Vik, before going off-road in a jeep modified for icy conditions. Arrive at Katla glacier and walk across frozen water to venture into the ice caves.
Venture south from Reykjavik to the coast of Iceland. Immerse yourself in the picturesque scenery as you drive, encountering waterfalls, black sand beaches, and breathtaking mountain backdrops. Catch a glimpse of Kekla in the distance, Iceland’s most active volcano.
Visit the coastal village of Vik, hopefully not connected to any Vikings, and get ready for the adventure to begin. Jump into your modified super jeep, capable of driving through anything. Experience the thrill of off-road travel to reach Katla glacier.
Arrive in the wondrous icy wilderness and gear up to delve into the ice caves. Walk across the frozen water with provided crampons and find yourself beneath Katla glacier. Marvel at the way the light filters through the caves.